Summer is when you need your air conditioner the most, which means it is also when you really need a reliable source for air conditioning service in case something goes wrong. If there is a problem with your AC system, the sooner you get it taken care of the better off your home comfort will be. But do you know when the time has come to reach out for repairs? If not, we can help with that too.
That’s right, we provide services and reliable information! Your comfort is important to us after all so we want to make sure you know what instances work for you to contact us for professional air conditioning service.
When Do You Need to Schedule Air Conditioning Repairs
So what might be the instances when you need to reach out for professional repairs for your air conditioner? Here are some examples that we think you should know about:
- Odd noises: Your air conditioner might make some whooshing noises or a little clicking when you first turn it on, but any loud sounds that seem out of place usually signal trouble. If you hear any odd noises like screeching, rattling, banging, hissing, and other sounds, make sure you reach out for professional assistance.
- Low energy efficiency: Have you noticed that your energy bills are going up without reason but you aren’t as comfortable as you might think you should be? It is likely that your AC system is struggling with a problem that is lowering its energy efficiency and hindering your comfort.
- Poor cooling: You hear your AC running but the house is still as hot and uncomfortable as usual. If this sounds familiar, then it is because you need AC repairs.
- Short cycling: You turn your air conditioner on but it shuts off after a few brief minutes. This is known as short cycling as it is extremely harmful to your air conditioning unit and your comfort as well.
- An iced-over evaporator coil: Have you noticed there is a build-up of ice in your air conditioner? If so, you need repairs–this is not an issue you can scrape off and walk away from.
How We Can Help
Do these issues listed above sound familiar? If so, you should reach out to the professionals at Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning for repair services. Our team members can help you get your air conditioner back into working order so you can enjoy a cool, comfortable summer again. What’s more, we can provide AC maintenance services that will help prevent several of these issues from occurring more than once in order to help your unit last longer.
Why work with the pros instead of an amateur? Because only those with the right training, experience, and tools are going to be able to provide effective services for your system that actually help.
When your AC starts acting up this summer, contact Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning for help. We’ve been serving Staten Island’s Heating and A/C needs since 1955 and we look forward to continuing to do so for years to come.