You don’t want to be without a water heater in your home. While it might not be a huge problem to be without hot water during the summer, it makes it harder to sanitize things and makes showering in the winter the least pleasant experience possible. This is why you need a good hot water heater to rely on.
If you are hunting for a new water heater, it may be worthwhile to consider a tankless water heater in Staten Island. These types of systems are, as the name suggests, able to provide hot water throughout your home without the need for a large multi-gallon tank.
How do they work? And are they worth the hype? We will answer these questions below.
How Tankless Water Heaters Get the Job Done
Some people may feel like they are being messed with when we mention a water heater that is tankless. This system is no joke though!
Rather than storing heated water, a tankless water heater warms up water only when it is requested. For example, when you turn on the hot water tap for your bathroom faucet, your tankless water heater kicks on and starts to provide hot water. This is why these systems are also known as “on-demand” water heaters. It is instant and easy and comes with some great benefits.
The Perks of Going Tankless
Tankless water heaters are becoming more popular and it is for some great reasons. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy with this type of system in your home:
- Energy savings: Tankless water heaters are extremely energy efficient. Rather than heating water constantly and struggling with standby heat loss the way that a storage tank system does, this type of water heater only runs when it is needed. This cuts down your energy use by a lot.
- Water savings: On top of using less energy, a tankless water heater uses far less water too. This system can reduce your water usage by multiple gallons which is great for you and the planet.
- Reliability: If you use a storage tank water heater too much, it may run out of hot water and leave you waiting for it to create more. With a tankless water heater however you don’t have this problem. These systems continue to produce hot water for as long as you may need it.
- Reduced corrosion risk: Since a tankless water heater only runs water through its system when you request hot water, it is less prone t corrosion the way a storage tank system might be.
- Space savings: Last but not least, you can enjoy a little more space in your home again with a tankless water heater. They take up a lot less room because they don’t have a storage tank!
If a tankless water heater sounds like it might be a good fit for you, then we’d say now is a great time to reach out to us for an installation.
Contact the experts at Bob Mimis Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule an appointment. Serving Staten Island’s Heating and A/C needs since 1955.