Indoor Air Quality
- Ductless Systems
Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers in Staten Island, NY
Heating and air conditioning isn’t everything when it comes to your home comfort. When humidity levels in the home are too high or too low, your comfort is affected. In addition, it can add to higher costs as you operate your heater or air conditioner for longer to attempt to balance things out. We have a system that can help.
Our humidifiers and dehumidifiers integrate into your HVAC system. That means that they run as your other home comfort system elements operate. You won’t have to worry about switching on a portable system when your house starts to feel uncomfortable, and you can feel confident that the entire home gets the balance it needs, not just one area of the house. We offer Staten Island, NY humidifier and dehumidifier installation and replacement, and services too. Call Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning—serving Staten Island’s heating and AC needs since 1950.
The Advantages of a Whole–House Humidifier
The best humidifiers are those that work with the HVAC system to add some moisture to the air already moving through your ducts. Dry air can cause a lot of issues for your home and family. But a dehumidifier can help.
- Alleviate dry skin and chapped lips. In the winter, the dry air can dry you out and make you feel a lot less comfortable. A whole–house humidifier can help.
- Protect your furniture. Dry air could actually cause wood flooring and furniture to crack.
- Stay healthy. Your body has a hard time recovering from an illness when the air is too dry, and some contaminants also thrive in dry environments.
The Benefits of a Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers are great for those hot, humid summers, as long as you have one that’s properly sized and installed for your HVAC system. With a good whole–house dehumidifier, you might notice a major difference when the muggy weather starts to drag you down.
- Stay cool in the summer. When humidity is at its highest, you feel warmer because sweat does not evaporate from your skin as easily.
- Lower energy costs. A dehumidifier uses less energy than an air conditioner, so you may save energy when you use this to keep your home’s air cool and dry—since you can probably turn the thermostat up a couple of degrees.
- Prevent mold and mildew – Mold and mildew thrive in moist environments, making allergies worse and potentially causing illness.
Call today to learn more about our systems and the brands we work with. Let us help you find the best dehumidifier for your needs!
Staten Island Humidifier and Dehumidifier Services
We offer all of the services you need to keep your humidifier and dehumidifier in good condition. Call us for humidifier or dehumidifier repair when your system doesn’t seem to be working properly. If it doesn’t activate with your thermostat, if you’re not getting the right humidity levels, or if you’re worried that the system has failed, feel free to contact our team.
Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning has been serving Staten Island’s heating and AC needs since 1955. Contact us today to work with a team you can trust for indoor air quality solutions.