You’ve trusted your furnace for many years. It has continued to heat your home each year, almost without fail, so it makes sense why you have continued with this system. However, the time may have come to finally say goodbye to “ol’ faithful.”
At some point or another, you’ll need a furnace replacement in Staten Island, NY. The key is trying to determine if and when that time has come. We’ve provided warning signs that will tell you when it’s time for a furnace upgrade. Then you can come to our team for your replacement.
You May Need to Replace Your Furnace If…
Here are some of the indicators that it’s time to replace your furnace and upgrade to a newer system.
- The system is too old. Even if your furnace still runs, after a certain number of years, you’ll want to start planning to upgrade it. This is because it’ll improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your home heating, along with reducing safety hazards. A furnace that is between 10-15 years old is one that is due for replacement soon.
- The system needs repairs too often. Take a moment to think about how often you have needed repairs for your current furnace. Has it been several years without the need for repairs or have you had to get your system fixed each year? If your answer is the latter, then your furnace is wearing out. Any system that needs yearly repairs is one that you should replace.
- Repair bills have gotten too pricey. There is such a thing as a repair bill that is too high. There are two ways you can determine if your repairs have gotten too costly. The first is the rule of half: when the cost of a repair is equal to half or more of the price of a new system, then you should put that money towards a new system. The other rule is the Rule of 5000: multiply the cost of your repair by the age of your system and if the resulting number is over 5000, then you’re going to want to upgrade the system.
The Benefits Of a System Upgrade
You may feel like upgrading your system is unnecessary even if it needs frequent repairs or is getting into its teenage years. However, there are benefits that come with upgrading your furnace before it breaks down. These include:
- Better energy efficiency. A new system has the optimal level of efficiency possible.
- Fewer repair needs and lower repair costs. Repairs will no longer pop up yearly. An upgrade will help you get back to needing repairs once every few years.
- Peace of mind with a longer system lifespan. When you upgrade your furnace, you’ll have great peace of mind knowing that you have a system that will last you another 10-15 years.
- Fewer safety risks. An older furnace is more likely to develop repair needs that can also be hazardous. Getting a new system can eliminate these potential problems.
Looking to get a furnace upgrade? Reach out to learn more about your options.
Serving Staten Island’s Heating and A/C needs since 1955. Contact Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule your system upgrade.