Wow, it’s already the second week of September, and that means the first official day of fall is almost here. Although the first day of fall doesn’t mean an immediate shift to cool weather, it does signal that it’s time for homeowners to begin preparing for the change in seasons. One of the most important fall preps is scheduling maintenance for a central heating system. All you have to do to take care of your home’s heating system maintenance in Staten Island, NY is to call the team at Bob Mims.
Maintenance Isn’t a Luxury
Nobody wants to pay for service they don’t need. This philosophy often makes people brush off important maintenance as “just another expense.” But annual fall maintenance for a heating system is as important as regular maintenance for a vehicle. These inspections and tune-ups help ensure peak performance, longevity, energy efficiency, and safety. Skipping regular care can have multiple negative consequences:
- Voided Warranty – You may not realize it, but a stipulation on most manufacturer’s warranties for heating systems is that the heater receive professional maintenance once a year. A voided warranty removes your protection against factory faults that can end your heating system’s life early. You don’t want to be stuck paying for an expensive repair or replacement the warranty would otherwise cover.
- Unsafe Operation – Gas furnaces are the most common type of heater in our area. As long as a gas furnace has professional inspections each year, it should pose almost no safety concerns. Letting a gas furnace go without annual attention makes hazardous operation more likely.
- Loss of Energy Efficiency – You can expect to pay more to run a heating system when it doesn’t have regular tune-ups. Efficiency will drop, averaging around 5% lower each year. That quickly adds up on utility bills.
- More Repairs – Maintenance does marvels for keeping away malfunctions from a central heater. Inspections catch trouble early, and tune-ups lower system stress. In fact, 85% of the repairs a heater may need during its service life are avoidable thanks to regular service. Think of how much more you’ll end up paying for repairs without maintenance.
- Shorter Service Life – How long do you want your heating system to last? “Forever” would be nice, but impossible. You at least want the most years you can get. Maintenance helps you reach that goal. Without it, a heating system may not even reach half its normal expected service life, and you’ll pay for an early replacement.
Bob Mims Maintenance Agreements
We can make annual heating maintenance a snap: sign up for a Bob Mims Maintenance Agreement and we’ll take it from there. You’ll receive top-quality heating maintenance and other benefits as well (priority scheduling, same-day guaranteed service for emergencies, discounts on repairs and diagnostic fees, no overtime charges). Call us today so we can get you on the schedule for early fall. You’ll be ready for the first day of cold weather and have peace of mind all the way through to spring.
Call Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning to arrange for fall maintenance. Serving Staten Island’s Heating and A/C needs since 1955.