Let’s be honest, no one wants to take an icy cold shower unless they have no other option. Its never as pleasant or relaxing as a warm shower. What we have found is that, more often than not, people taking cold showers didn’t plan to do so, but their water heater had other ideas.
When your water heating system isn’t able to do its job, it can be a chilling realization that you have a problem on your hands. Hopefully however you know that you aren’t alone in dealing with this issue. If you need water heater repairs you can keep on the alert for any of the indicators below to get an idea of what is wrong and then reach out to our team to get the issue resolved sooner than later.
5 Signs You Need Water Heater Repairs
So what are the warning signs that you may need or definitely need water heater repair services provided by a professional? We have some listed here for you to reference so you know when to call us:
- Kettling or rumbling sounds: It is unlikely that your water heater will operate without any noise but there are some sounds you shouldn’t ignore. If you hear rumbling sounds or kettling (the sound that is similar to what a tea kettle makes when the water in it boils) you should reach out for repairs sooner than later.
- Fluctuating water temperature: Yes, there can be different levels of hot water that you get out of your hot water tap but the temperature of the water shouldn’t change without you being the one to adjust it. If you are taking a shower and notice that the water is hot then lukewarm then cold then lukewarm again, it means you have a water heater that needs professional service.
- Reduced waterflow: Have you noticed that you are getting less and less water pressure when you try to get hot water? It may not seem problematic at first but the longer that this issue goes unresolved the worse it will be for your comfort and your water heater.
- High water and energy bills: When you use your hot water, just like when you use any other system in your home, it will show up in your monthly bills. However if you notice that those bills are far too high for how much hot water you are actually using, don’t ignore it! This is a sign of trouble.
- Signs of a leak: If you notice water around your water heater, reach out for professional repairs as soon as you can. If caught early, this can be repaired. If left unaddressed however, there is any increased chance that you may need an early replacement.
When you need a repair service for your hot water heater, you shouldn’t risk the well-being of your system by trying to do the repair yourself or letting an amateur try their hand at resolving the issue. Instead, only trust the professionals like the ones of the team at Bob Mims Heating & Air Conditioning to get the job done.
Serving Staten Island’s Heating and A/C needs since 1955, contact us to schedule your repairs.